Monday, September 19, 2011

I Pray for You

I am who I am.  I will not let you take that away from me.  My ex mentioned a quote yesterday by Mark Twain "Never put someone else as your first priority who thinks of you as their option."  I was your option and I put you as my number one priority.  You did not deserve that.  I am learning though.  I have learned that I did right by loving you like I have never been hurt before.  I have no regrets.  I gave it my all and you did not give it yours.  You probably think you loved me, but it is plain as day obvious that you did not.  If you love something, you will fight to hold on to it.  You did nothing.

I will not apologize for anything I did in the past year.  I did what a good wife was supposed to do.  You did not deserve a good wife and that is evident by your current actions.

I have learned that I am a really great person and that I can get anyone I want, however I deserve to be treated right.  When someone loves me, they will say it and show it.  They will tell me how glad they are to be with me. Nobody else will exist to them.  I will be the center of their world.  They will do whatever it takes to be a part of my life and to make me happy.  That is part of love.  I had those feelings for you so I know what is supposed to be done.

Many of my friends think I am pretty dang awesome.  Some of them told me over the years that you were not good enough for me, yet I never listened.  I was determined to believe your lies.  I believed that you loved me and not my daddy's wallet.  I should have known that was what you were after when we started having problems after I lost my almost six figure income.

My best friend was you.  It hurts not having my best friend anymore.  It is hard to put someone in your place.  I am trying though.  I am finding it easy to trust others because of the great joy that freedom gives me.  You taught me that.  I learned a lot from our relationship.  I thank you for that.

I would love to say that you will learn from this but I am afraid it did not mean enough to you to cause you think about things you have done.  I am certain you will always cheat on whoever you are with.  I am also certain that you will never find true love since you do not know how to be completely honest with yourself.  You do not love yourself, and therefore could never love anyone else.  You are packed full of good quotes and movies and no thoughts of your own.  I wish you the best and pray that God will give you divine intervention.

No comments: